Dust Magazine is Hiring!
Dust Magazine is hiring.
Take a look at the job descriptions below and if you feel this is something you can do, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Position: General Manager
DUST is looking for someone to provide project management across Dust Magazine’s various departments: a fun, creative and fulfilling job for anyone looking to be a part of a creative, socially conscious and innovative team of discerning Ghanaians.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Developing and maintaining client relationships and bringing in revenue to the magazine (through sale of advertising space each quarter)
- Finalizing and overseeing schedules for editorial and design departments (ensuring that each issue goes to press on time)
- Ensuring quality control for printed edition and taking final product to press
- Overseeing nationwide distribution of the magazine
- Developing and managing budgets (including planning ahead)
- Identifying, developing and directing implementation of business strategies
- Identifying and acting on relevant opportunities for the magazine
- Communicating executive decisions to all team members
- Recruiting, orienting, and assigning team members’
- Weekly meetings with the Editor
Terms of Employment
- Answerable to the company’s directors
- Must submit monthly reports to the directors
- Must maintain close relationships with the head of each division
- A Masters degree in a relevant field or have +5 years of work experience in senior management
- Ability to effectively project manage a team of 5-7 to achieve set deliverables
- High computer literacy and the ability to work and have meetings online
- Experience in sales and marketing (and debt collection)
- Ability to write interesting and thought provoking articles.